Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 8... Sissy Secrets

Growing up both my husband and I knew the joy (and trials) of having brothers.  Our hope was to have a family where the brother/sister bond could develop and enhance our family.

Sisters...
I have joked that our oldest needs her little sister.  She needs to learn to enjoy life when things get messy.  She needs to see life from a crazier point of view.  Our little one needs her big sister to show her the ropes.  Claire sets an amazing example for a little sister to follow.

Our girls seem to love growing up in our "girl" home.  Even all the pets we have are girls!  Pink, purple and sparkles are wardrobe essentials.  Creative pursuits, music and giggles are constants here.

While it might seem that we have an ideal home we have more of a typical home.  Our girls are different!  They fuss and fight.  They see life from a different perspective.  They move to their own beats and seem to be thriving as individuals.

What they share is developing.  They have a bond.  I'm not even sure they understand it yet.  


I am convinced they will never be as afraid of LCHAD as the adults have been.  It is all they have known.  It is a normal, every-day thing to them.  It may shape our family but they just accept it and keep going.  

I guess I thought they would be best of friends.  The truth is they are sisters.  They are unique.  They are independent.  They do need each other but they don't even know how to express it.

They have some special secrets that I think only whisper between their hearts at this stage.  The foundations for their "grown up" life are still developing.  I don't think it will be what I think it will be but it is certain to be special.  The thing is I think eventually Miss Al will need Claire more and more.  Claire makes Al's life make sense.  Claire treats her honestly.  Claire tells it like it is!

These two have been through a lot together but they seem to find the joy in each situation.  They make sure that we don't take things too seriously either.

Watching them grow from little girls to young ladies is a joy.  It is an amazing masterpiece to watch develop.  I hope that as they continue to grow and God helps them embark on new adventures that I will be continue to have a front row seat.  I also hope that I can help them learn to listen to those "sissy messages" their hearts are communicating.  They are amazing and oh so complimentary.  I think that together these two are a might force to reckon with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment