Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 18... Cherries #31days

"Rejoice with those who rejoice...." Romans 12:15



Bright red cherries decorate the second stone of the hopscotch.  It is cheerful.  It is joyful.  It is good.

There have been times that the idea of "rejoicing" was distant and difficult.  I had to work to learn to smile even when I didn't feel like it.  I wondered if I ever would.  God was gracious as He waited for me to see the joy He put in our lives.  My sweet blonde blue-eyed girl brought a lot of joy to us in those early days.  Kids do have a way of helping us keep moving on.  Her sweet hugs and kisses brought us back into the reality that God was good and we had a lot to rejoice about.

This morning I have many things to rejoice about.  God's gracious gifts are abundant.  They are not always dressed up the way I think they should be but they are more than I could have ever imagined.



No comments:

Post a Comment