Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 30... Quiet Hope #31days

We all go through times of trial and struggle.  It is part of life.  

I am typically an NIV kind of girl.  I grew up learning God's word with an NIV Bible.  I am finding that there are times that reading different versions can offer me a fresh perspective.

During a season of difficulty and heavy stress I stumbled upon this verse.

Lamentations 3:26-33 (MSG) says "It is a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God.  When life is heavy and hard to take go off by yourself.  Enter the silence.  Bow in prayer.  Don't ask questions.  Wait for hope to appear...  The master won't ever walk out and fail to return."




I love the idea that it is ok to quietly hope for help from God.    I often find that the silence of the early morning is easier to "bow in prayer".  As I start a new day I make up my bed and glance out the window of my bedroom.  Each morning I get a glimpse of God's amazing handiwork as the sun begins to peak up from behind the pond across the street.  It seems that it is easier to find comfort in God's hand when I watch Him create a new day.  Sigh...  this makes my heart happy.  Even when things are hard and facing the challenges of the day ahead seem daunting I am comforted as I watch Him.  I guess I now associate the sunrise with the quiet hope I have in the Lord.

I also love the end of this.  I love being reminded that the master won't walk out and fail to return.  He loves me.  He listens.  In a day an age where many of our connections with others are largely through social media and text messages this seems very personal.  

I am learning that no matter how hard life gets I can find a beautiful quiet hope in the Lord.  Sometimes I hope and get a different answer than I want.  Sometimes I hope and God has me wait.  Sometimes I hope and His answers come quickly.  No matter the answer finding quiet hope each morning is a beautiful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment