Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 17... How Wide, Long, High and Deep #31days

During the crazy-hard, roller coaster days before we knew what was happening with Alex a friend of mine called.  She told me that she had been praying this verse for me...

Ephesians 3:16-21
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!  Amen.”  

I jotted down the reference and set it aside.  It was evening.  I was tired.

Sometime later, I don't remember if it was that evening or the next day I found these verses and was blessed.  Here was beautiful words to describe exactly what I needed.  God knew.  She knew.  I hadn't a clue!

Through that first year I clung tightly to these verses.  They expressed the desperate cries of my heart that I didn't know how to express.  They were beautiful.  

I know that He strengthened us.  We began to get a better glimpse at how wide, long, high and deep Christ's love is for us.  This was our desire.  This is still our desire.  God's plans will be accomplished.  The things we need are often the things we get only from Him.  

The heart of our needs expressed well a significant step for me.  I chose a big beautiful heart for the #1 stone in Alexandra's hopscotch.  It stands as a major step of faith for me.  



I have had the opportunity to pray this for others and share this with them along the way.  It is very special to me.  I will count it a joy to pray for others to understand God more as they walk through things that are not fully understandable during our journey.  


Remembering these stories has me looking through old photos.  I took these of her while she was playing when she was two.  I love this girl.  Looking at these reminds me how far we have come and what an incredible young lady she is becoming too.  God's faithfulness is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment