Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 6... Super Heroes In Disguise

Do you know any Super Heroes?

I grew up in the 70's and 80's.  BAM!  POW!!  Men in tights.  These were the images I formed of super heroes.  Later they got more sophisticated and used some amazing technology (for the times).

In the past eleven years my idea of a super hero has really changed.

I do believe super heroes do come in disguise though.  They are often cloaked in normal, every day clothes.  They rarely use technology to come to the rescue.  They are very humble.  They often don't even know what super powers they have.

Some of my heroes have come baring a home cooked meal (if you know me well this may be the best power someone can actually have).  Some heroes have given crazy car rides for Clare from school to the hospital where I was with Miss Al.  Some heroes sneak into your house and scrub your bathroom when you are at the hospital.  Some heroes throw surprise parties that were already planned while I am at the hospital.  Heroes babysit, A LOT.  Heroes pray.  Heroes call and listen to my rant and raves.  They know me well and let me just get out the words that threaten to take me over.  When my rants are over they ask if I have my favorite Sonic drink and move on.  Heroes wear stethoscopes.  Heroes answer calls in the middle of the night.

God has equipped so many in His church to "rescue" us on His behalf.  He moves in mighty ways through unexpected and sometimes even unknown people.

I have met many super heroes along this journey.  I have found out about super powers that my friends and family are already equipped with that even they didn't know they had.  God has moved my heart because of many super heroes.  I'm so glad He uses amazing, average, ordinary "super heroes" in our lives.

One last thing, I have one pretty impressive super hero.  Her sparkly brown eyes and brown curly hair have gripped my heart with amazing force.  She is brave.  She is resilient.  God must have some pretty big things that He is storing up her super powers for.  She makes me hope that I am a super hero to someone else who need just the right kinds of powers that God has given to me.


1 comment: