Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 19... Butterflies #31days


The four wings of the butterfly (complete with the four dots) are on the fourth stone of the hopscotch. Isn't it cute?  (The third stone of the gifts was in a previous post.)

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says "He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

I could not help but think about eternity in those early days A LOT.  I knew that God had a plan and that no matter how many days she lives it is His plan.  It is perfect.  It is right.  I have learned to find great comfort in a heaven perspective.  I have also experienced a tiny taste of not being able to fathom what He has done.  

I truly believe He performed a miracle that day when things went wrong.  My husband and I both believe that God chose for her to come back.  It isn't something we talk about much but we both do.  There is no real reason for her to be alive.  There is no reason for her to live a healthy life.  We could not do anything but God could.  God did.  Ok, so it won't be until we are in heaven that we can actually ask Him what happened that day and why He gave us back our daughter.  

I love living with a miracle.  It is humbling but good.  Having her in my life keeps my perspective rooted firmly on an eternal perspective (on most days).

No comments:

Post a Comment