Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 11... Rejoice Always, seriously?

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."   1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

This is a beautiful verse.  It looks great on a card.  It is a nice sign to have in my home.  It is a HARD verse to live out.

I think I am getting a little better at rejoicing always.  A little.  The challenge is when things are not going the way I think they should.  It is easy to turn my heart to the Lord when life gets hard.  I can plead with Him well.  I have to work to turn my heart toward Him with thanksgiving and joy when things are hard.  

I have worked at this and have experienced some amazing things when I have worked through the time with the Lord and honestly expressed my feelings asking to see the things I should see through His eyes.

I have watched Him restore the health of my daughter when faithful saints pray.  I have watched Him provide for my family when the task was unthinkable.  I have seen marriages restored.  I have seen people healed.  I have seen faithful men and women loose their fights with disease.  I have seen situations that I can not understand.  I have seen sinners saved.  I have seen precious friends turn from the Lord.  

The challenge is my response each time.  

Through each trial I am working to turn my anxious thoughts and frustrations to the Lord with prayer and thanksgiving.  As I do I am able to lay my requests at His feet and trust Him for the outcome.  Through those moments I experience true joy that only comes from the Father.  Often this is a process that I seem to struggle with over and over.  I need to work out my "feelings" with Him and allow Him to work in my heart and my mind.

God's faithfulness seems to always surprise me too.  After all He has done for me you would think I would not be so surprised by the unbelievable ways he works.  He is amazing and His gifts are too.  I'm just thankful He is patient with me through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment