Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 28... Not Called To Go To Africa #31days

In college it seemed like the thing to do was "GO".  As a growing believer I was surrounded by many who were being called into ministry.  Many have gone.  Many of these same people are my heroes.

I did attend a wonderful missions conference because I had been challenged to "go and get a bigger picture of who God is".  The world was certainly opening up for me but unlike my peers I still did not feel the call to go to Africa or another part of the world.

I always wondered if I was wrong some how.  I do like the comforts of warm showers and air conditioning but I wasn't trying to tell God I wouldn't go.  I just didn't seem to be called to "go".

Matthew 28:19 says "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations..."

I have always wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing God's call on my life.  Even before I became a mom I have loved pouring myself into the lives of young women.  Women who wanted to know God better and walk according to His ways.  I had the opportunity to disciple a few women.  I get great joy in praying for them still.

Once Alex came into my life I began to see the mission God had for me didn't mean I had to "go" actually but my mission field might be a bit smaller.  At first I felt trapped by the tiny life we were living.  I was lonely and tired and stuck at home to "protect" my girl a LOT.  Some days were very difficult.  It took a while before I was able to see outside of myself and my home.

While my "go" looks different from some amazing men and women who have "gone" to many different parts of the world I am getting more content with God's call on my life.  For now, today anyway, I am to be here att home.  I have the joy to disciple two beautiful, talented, spunky, God-loving little women.  These days are special and precious.  Some days are frustrating with a tween and a teen girl.  Together we will move from one day to the next and I am living an amazing call on my life to be the mom of these two girls.

I hope my heart stays aware of God's call on my life as we continue to go.  I pray that I will see those around me who need to know the hope of Jesus.  I also am thankful that God has a special mission even for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment