Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 27... Fuel for the Journey #31days



This is the end of the hopscotch.  Along with friends and family who signed we took this stone to the pediatrician's office.  There the office staff added their signatures to our hopscotch.  This was special because they had been and have continued to be an important part of our journey.  We need them.  They answer questions, investigate issues, advocate for her, and care for her along the way.

Is it odd this doctor's office is one of her favorite places to go?  I don't think so.  They have supported us in beautiful ways.  We do our part.  We work diligently to make sure we are not taking advantage of them.  We work with them and what they have going on to determine the best actions for us to take.

Over the years I have gotten to know many staff well.  I pray for them regularly.  I don't know how often they are thanked for what they do.  I don't know how well supported they are for the difficult moments they help many families navigate through.

Ephesians 6:10 says, "Finally be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power."  This is the verse on this stone.

We did not know what we would be needing as she got older but we all need to find our strength in the Lord.  I know we do not know what is ahead but I do know that He has been with us at every step.  I am always learning things and finding my safest place is when I am depending on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment