Friday, October 3, 2014

Normal "Not-So-Simple" Day #31Days

A a mom to a medically fragile daughter you might think I would have it all figured out by now.  She is 12 years old after all.  I don't.  This is complicated.

Today was like many she has faced each  fall...  yucky hacking cough, feels crummy, BUT not really sick.  I made her go to school.  I checked on her.  I took her to the doctor just to make sure we weren't missing something.  We weren't.

The truth is her body doesn't work right.  It never will.  Today her body struggled to keep up and yet, she is still so strong and resilient.  She amazes me.

It is amazing how "normal" this has become to our family.  I am reminded that my life will never be "simple".  I will never enjoy a day and not be a little concerned about what will happen to her.  My life may not be simple but it is amazing.

Being her mom and making sure she is ok is a very good thing.  It's even ok for me to simply be her mom.  There is nothing more beautiful than being her mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment