Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 17, 18, 19 - Fall #31Days



I LOVE the fall.  Living in Texas it seems like the cooling days are a welcome relief from the typically hot summers.  I love the cool air in the mornings and the mist that rises from the pond across the street.  I love the pumpkins and the yellow and red mums I put on my patio.   I tend to feel refreshed and cared for in the fall.

This weekend my husband and I took a quick trip for a business event.  The weather was simply beautiful for the flights and as we landed I saw something I don't think I've seen before....  true fall color.

Oh, the leaves change colors in Texas but usually we have a limited amount of color and suddenly the leaves turn brown and blow off the trees about the time we put Christmas decorations out.

Saturday I saw true fall colors out the window of the airplane.  It was lovely.  It reminded me of the architectural models Deric used to build in college.  The trees were different colors and different shapes.  It was beautiful.

The event we attended was an outdoor dinner.  It was cool and misty.  There were outdoor heaters and a fire pit.  Occasionally someone would apologize for the cooler weather but I simply smiled and thanked them for the sweet breath of fall.  I had my boots on and my sweater wrapped around me and I felt refreshed and alive.  It couldn't have been more perfect.

I think I might like to take a driving trip to see fall colors one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment