Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 10, 11, & 12 - Good Tired #31Days

I guess won't win any awards for writing each day but that is fine.  The aim for this writing challenge is to try.  I will continue to try.

The past few days have been "simply" BUSY.  It was a busy weekend with homecoming activities and hosting a marching contest at our school.  WHEW!

Yes, it was tiring but it was also good.  It is good to be a part of a community that works together for community spirit and great events.  It is good to mark time with my teenage daughter to see her growing into a beautiful young woman.  It is good to work along side my family for a worthy event.  It is good to be in a press box all day working along side my daughter and seeing her serving others and LOVING it.

It is a good tired.  One thing I realized with my "simple" life I haven't put myself into such committed situations in a L O N G time.  Often I have worked to keep my younger daughter "safe" and keep things moving along smoothly.  I haven't stretched myself in a long time.  I have lived in fear of letting others down if she got sick and took me away from the "important event".

I have come a long way and without even realizing it I took this event one step at a time.  I didn't really stress over her health or make a back-up plan if she got sick.  I simply moved forward.

At the end of this busy weekend I am tired.  My house is a mess.  The laundry isn't done.  There aren't a lot of food choices for the week.  My family is a bit grumpy and tired.  BUT my life is good.  I allowed myself to stretch and grow a little.

Tonight I am a good tired.  With that I think I'll work on getting my tired family to bed a little earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment