Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 14 - Dentist, Driving Lessons and Chicken Soup #31Days

Some days my "simple" life is just perfect.  I get the joy of taking my girls to the dentist.  It seems silly I know but I love taking care of them.  I love making sure things are good in their world and helping them make sure they are learning all they can to take care of themselves.

Today we combined lots of different things that seem simple in and of themselves but they are really sweet works of art.

We used our dentist appointment across town as a good driving lesson.  My oldest is learning to drive and today I watched her confidently (mostly) navigate city traffic.  We did pause our adventure by stopping by my parents house.  This lead to some interesting trips down memory lane as we found some old pictures of both my parents and my brother and I.

I think the supplemental driving lesson my daughter got while taking my dad for a spin around the block was extra special.  I watched her help him to the car with his walker and smile broadly as she sat in the drivers seat.  They had tales to share when they returned of a visit with my aunt a few blocks away.  Apparently my dad is still a good driving instructor and she repeated many of the great things he pointed out in their short trip.  What a cool memory.

As we got home we shared some chicken soup.  A new recipe.  As we evaluated the soup our "girl" family got to talking about boys.  I love the sweet unexpected life lessons that come up from these simple moments.  Hopefully God has equipped us to build into them truths that will help them as they grow up.

What a sweet afternoon of memories collected from a few simple tasks in our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment