Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 21 - A Simple Schedule #31Days

I love to think I am a free spirit but the truth is I thrive with a schedule.  Even a loose schedule with holes in it.  Routine works for me.  This summer I kept my outdoor plants alive because I worked watering them into my daily schedule.  It worked.  They are still alive (mostly) and it is half way through October.  This is quite a feat with Texas heat.

Today I moved through my schedule.  There was structure.  There was also room.  I liked my day.  I got things done.  I added a few items and even took a few minutes to relax.  Because there were several things "scheduled" I kept my expectations low and didn't try to accomplish major projects.  Today's simple life felt successful.  

I have often found myself forcing so many chores and activities into my expectations that I have felt let down at the end of the day.  I am glad to know that I am beginning to learn some of these lessons.

Tomorrow may be different.  I may get frustrated or I may not have any expectations but I'm pretty sure my plants will probably get watered.

No comments:

Post a Comment