Thursday, October 23, 2014

Days 22 & 23 - Available and Recharge #31Days

Lately I have noticed that my "simple" life that may not seem very big or important has allowed me to be available.  What a joy.

I have been busy and available to help out my daughter's band with the busy contest season this October.  One of the teenage boys told me I was like his school mom.  I took that as a great compliment.

I have been tired and busy.  I have double checked emails and made sure details have been taken care of.  I have missed a few details and been encouraged by the many other parents who volunteer and take care of details too!

I was also available to help with my parents family busy.  This of course followed a busy band parent day.  While I was tired I realized that I was available.  It was good.  You see my brother and I have always been in charge of the new things we have had to make or create for the balloon company.  My brother really didn't need me.  He had things well planned but he wanted my assistance in case we had to create a new solution to an unexpected item.

Today my schedule was surprisingly open.  I must admit my busy schedule caught up to me and I could no longer think about all the things I needed to take care of.  I took a nap.  It wasn't too long but it was deep and hard.  My alarm got me moving to the essential list of things to do today.

I'm glad I can that I was available and that I took a bit of time to recharge.

1 comment: