Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 15 - A Simple Lunch #31Days

I'm a social person by nature.  In the early days when Miss Alex and I were home A LOT I really struggled with isolation.  This was before the days of social media.  Sure I saw people and spoke to them on the phone occasionally but as time went on I became more and more isolated.  Often illness or the fear of illness would keep us home.  I never made plans for lunch or evenings out with friend. This was a hard place to be.

Since then life has moved on and our lives are rich and full.  My family is getting older and schedules are getting full.  Not to mention that social media has me well connected!

In my recent attempts to simplify things I have learned to enjoy a simple lunch, even alone.  I enjoy time with a book or a list or even that candy game on my tablet.  I like getting to choose how and when I enjoy lunch.  I like the quiet.  Sometimes I even enjoy the noise and people in a restaurant.

Often I work on a Bible study.  Sometimes I menu plan.  Sometimes I make my "to do" list.  I have met some sweet friends for lunch and been encouraged.  It seems like a simple lunch alone wouldn't be a big deal but the truth is I think it is a gift.  A sweet gift of time and space.


No comments:

Post a Comment