Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 16 - Simply Together #31Days

One of the many benefits of being a mom to a medically fragile child is the easy way the two of us can spend time together.  After more than 12 years we have experienced many times where the two of us have had to create our everyday fun.  When she was sick or recovering from illness or simply being protected from the illnesses around her we have been isolated a lot through the years.

We have learned to create "theme" days.  Some days have been puzzle days, some princess days.  Some have been Pixar days.  We have had Star Wars Days...  ok, yes, many of our activities have centered around movies!

Today I got to enjoy another day of sweet togetherness.  She got a nasty bump on her head after running into the restroom stall at school.  My plans weren't too altered.  It was determined that I needed to observe her today to make sure she really was ok.  So we drove.  She came with me on the many errands I had scheduled.

It's amazing to me how the two of us can just shift into a mode of being together.  Sometimes we just sit and read or do what we want.  Sometimes we chat.  Sometimes we don't.  After twelve years I LOVE being with my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment